Eight weekly Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) Classes (each two hours long) and a one day-long retreat event (six hours) on a week-end. The MBSR program is highly participatory with practical experience. Included in the 22 hours of instruction are :
- Establishment of a learning contract
- Presentation of theoretical underpinnings of mind-body medicine
- Application of self-regulatory skills
- Instruction in use of 3 CD set (MP3 files available for download) of recorded meditation exercises for home use
- Instruction in use of a variety of written materials for consideration & reflection as individual assignments
- Instruction in at least 7 different mindfulness meditation practices
- Individual and group dialogue and instruction regarding:
- Perception, conditioning and other mental factors in appraisal & assessment of stress
- Self-responsibility in the positive development of health enhancing behaviors
- Recognition of options to reduce negative effects of stress reactivity
- Physiological and psychological bases of stress reactivity
- Exploration of emotional focused and problem focused coping
- Observation of how stress presents in communications with others
- Deepening capacity for choice regarding use of MBSR tools throughout the day in both formal and informal modalities
- opportunity to experience an extended time of silence with guided support
Cost: $500 (includes Retreat costs).
2014 June – August dates
7 pm – 9 pm on:
July 7, 14, 21, 28
Retreat: August 9, 9 am – 3 pm
- At the bottom of this page, please add a ticket, click on Add to cart and check out. Payment options include:
- Full payment through PayPal or a credit card: Select the Pay with PayPal option and provide a credit card or PayPal account. The Stress Reduction Clinic does not store your credit card information.
- Financing: Select the Pay with PayPal option and follow PayPal’s instructions to apply for financing. Note that finance charges and fees will apply. Financing is provided solely by PayPal and Stress Reduction Clinic LLC does not have any control of or involvement in the financing process.
- Paying a deposit, paying in installments, paying by check or needing a scholarship: Please select the Pay by Check option. There are a limited number of scholarship spaces available for each class. You may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about scholarships.
- After checking out, please click here to download the registration form (pdf) and mail it in.
- If you are paying by check, please include at least a $50 deposit with your mail.